Part of Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG), we are Staffordshire's leading General Further Education College, with pass rates and student achievement rates amongst the best in the country.
We provide a wide range of academic, vocational and apprenticeship qualifications from entry to degree level, along with the support services to help you achieve your goals.
In November 2016 Stafford College officially merged with Newcastle-under-Lyme College, the highest performing further education college in Staffordshire. The merger represents a significant milestone in the history of the both colleges and the dawn of a new era, which brings with it the return of A Levels to Stafford College, a successful team from Newcastle-under-Lyme College with extensive sector experience and significant financial investment in to our campus and student facilities, Principal and Senior Management Team now managing both campuses. The move from school to college represents a pivotal phase of a student's academic journey and choosing the right college and right course is crucial.
Reasons to choose Stafford College:
- Brand new £3.5 million Science & Technology Centre.
- Experienced and successful leadership team who are committed to delivering real change and opportunities for students.
- New Honours Programme for academically gifted and talented A-level students aiming for places at a prestigious university or on a competitive programme of study such as medicine.
- Bespoke study programmes which include a main programme of study, maths and/or English*, work experience/development of employability skills and enrichment opportunities including overseas trips, campus events, guest lectures and much more.
- Outstanding pastoral and academic support to assist with everything from finances, welfare, and learning support to UCAS applications and target setting.
- Expert teaching and learning with student focused delivery.
- Conveniently located in the town centre with all courses being taught on one campus.
*applicable to students who do not achieve GCSE English & maths grades A*-C (9-4)
The College's achievement rates on A Levels and advanced vocational courses consistently exceed national benchmarks, firmly placing NSCG among the top 5% of General Further Education Colleges in the country, for learners aged 16-18.
Read more about our students' results by clicking here.
Last year, more than 1000 students from NSCG progressed to universities throughout the UK, including many Russell Group institutions; making us the largest supplier of students to Higher Education in Staffordshire and second in the West Midlands.
To find out more about NSCG and our performance, download our Annual Report below.